Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #11)

Lover at Last - J.R. Ward Qhuinn and Blay"I wanted you to be my friend-and you were. You always have been."We have watched them go from...Friends to enemy's and FINALLY Lovers at Last!!!!!!!It wasn't easy for them though, they had a lot of history to overcome. Lots of emotions and hateful things to erase from their past so they can move forward. Some of it involved them and some of it was family issues they had to get past. I never thought their story would be butterflies and rainbows, I knew it would be lustful and powerful. How lustful and powerful....read it and find out!! They had ups and downs through out the entire book.....all the WAY to the end. They were beautiful together, that's all I can say!!!!!"...You've always had me...and my heart. My soul. Everything. I just wish it hadn't taken this long for me to man up."I absolutely LOVED their story but and it's a BIG but....there wasn't ENOUGH of their story in this BOOK!!!!!!! They were basically side characters in their OWN book!!!! I mean come on.........what happened to a book being about the two people it's supposedly written about?!?!?!?!? I've read many many series where the secondary characters didn't overshadow the main characters and you still wanted to read their books also. However, sad as it is to say these books are starting to be over saturated with secondary characters for future books and you just don't get any quality time with the TRUE main characters. The few parts I had with Qhuinn and Blay I did cherish them!!!!! The first sex scene...holy Scribe Virgin it was beautiful!!!!!!!Now on to the rest of the bookTrez was interesting and I think I will grow to like him more as time goes on because I'm SURE we will see more of him.Assail and Sola I'm VERY interested in those two! However I didn't begin to like their story until after the 60% mark. But nonetheless I did warm up to them.Xcor and the Band of Bastards........Well basically that's what I think about them.....I just can't seem to like that group! Although I did feel a smidgen of "something" when he met Layla in the end.....just a smidge!!!!!I waited a year to read this book. Am I glad I read it? Of course!!!!!!! Would I encourage others to read it? YES if you like this series you SHOULD!!!Am I disappointed? Sadly YES and only because I wanted MORE, I wanted this book to be about Qhuinn and Blay and I don't feel I got enough:(((( Buddy read with Blacky and Vishous!